Almost every month, we host a beach cleanup along the Delaware coast. We provide gloves, trash grabbers, and buckets. Open to everyone, Surfrider Delaware Cleanups are family-friendly and a fun way to earn community service hours. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to find out when and where our next beach cleanup will be! We are open for suggestions, let us know if your favorite beach needs to be cleaned!
2022 Beach Cleanup Schedule
Below is our calendar of beach cleanups for 2022. We will add dates as they become available. Be sure to watch our social media pages for more details and links to registration forms.
- March 26 – Baker Family Cleanup in Memory of Grey Baker – Herring Point, Cape Henlopen State Park 10:00 AM
- April – TBD
- May – TBD
- June 11 – Joint Cleanup with OCMD Chapter – State Line Beach, Fenwick Island State Park 10:00 AM
- July – TBD
- August – TBD
- September 10 – DNREC Coastal Cleanup Day/International Cleanup Day – Herring Point, Cape Henlopen State Park TBD
- October – TBD
- November – TBD
Would you like to do a Surfrider beach cleanup on your own or with your family and friends?
- Download our data card here
- Head to your local beach and using gloves, a grabber and bucket, pick up all the litter you find
- Complete the data card indicating the number of items found
- Report what you find! Email your completed data card and any photos to: email@example.com
- Always remember to properly dispose of the trash you collect and do not forget to recycle!
If your business or organization requires community service hours and you would like to escape to the beach for some team building while having an impact on the environment, consider a Surfrider Beach Cleanup.
Surfrider Beach Cleanups take place on the Delaware State Park beaches and are a fantastic opportunity for your team to help keep our shores healthy, contribute to local environmental efforts, and boost morale!
We will bring the gear and explain what to do in exchange for a donation. Donations range from $500-$1500 depending on the number of participants. This tax-deductible contribution to the Surfrider Foundation Delaware Chapter goes directly into our local programs and campaigns that protect clean water and healthy beaches for future generations.
Our chapter is 100% volunteer run so we only have the capacity to host a few Corporate Beach Cleanups a year especially during the busy season. We recommend submitting a request 6-8 weeks in advance of your event and we’ll get back to you within 7 days.
Corporate Cleanups include:
- Full event execution – including set-up and breakdown
- Event permitting and insurance
- Sustainable beach cleanup supplies –gloves, buckets, and litter grabbers
- A team of Surfrider volunteers to execute the beach cleanup
- Safety talk by Surfrider representative
- An opportunity to sign up for Surfrider Foundation membership for each attendee
- Analysis report of beach cleanup and data entry into national database
- Social media post recognizing your team for their contribution in helping keep Delaware beaches clean